Vox Camerata, in collaboration with Muziksea, are looking for residency fellows for the Choir Collective Residency programme. This programme will run from late October 2021 to March 2022.
There are currently 4 conducting fellows positions open.
We are looking for individuals who:
- have demonstrated potential to lead and contribute to the development of Singapore’s choral music scene
- are willing to learn and share in a collaborative setting
- are able to commit to all the plenary sessions, rehearsals and workshops (Refer to the rehearsal schedule here)
- exhibit professional attitudes and behaviours
- are registered Self Employed Persons (SEP)
- have been fully vaccinated by the 2nd week of September 2021
In addition to the criteria listed above, the faculty wishes to make known that they are looking out for individuals who have/are:
- Strong interest in Choral Music
- Must be a chorister in their own regard
- Strong understanding of Music- Musicianship and Music Theory
- Able read and reduce music at the keyboard
- Must have leadership aspirations
- Understood the specificity of leadership
- some training of/about leadership (CCAs, School programmes, Work programmes etc)
- Speaking / Presenting as leader
Growth & Development:
- A clear understanding of what they can personally and professionally gain from participating in this residency
- A vision of how they will contribute to the choral music sector after graduating from the programme
Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Compassionate Human Being
- Teachable and eager to learn
- That they are open to being singers/ singers mentors should they not get the fellowship position.
Before filling up the form, please ensure that:
- You have the documentary proof of SEP status (e.g: CPF page print out in PDF) ready
- You have the documentary proof of Vaccination Status (in PDF)
- You would need to write a 600-800 word statement in response to the question “What does Choral Leadership look like to you?” Please save the statement in pdf format.
- You complete the recording of the compulsory audition piece for the Singing Task and upload on YouTube as an unlisted video. The audition piece can be found here (where crochet =60) or here (where crochet = 96, sing only the first 3 pages!). Please also include a short introduction about yourself, and also indicate the voice part you are singing in the video before you sing. You will also be asked to include your tessistura in the form.
- You also complete the recording of the compulsory audition piece for the Conducting Task. The audition piece can be found here: https://bit.ly/fellows-audition. The audio backing track can be found here: https://bit.ly/fellows-audio.
- You select recordings of two contrasting works from your previous performances. The videos should showcase the breadth of your conducting technique and your musicality.
The process is as follows:
- Please complete the form below and prepare the compulsory audition tasks, two contrasting videos, and the written statement
- Selected potential candidates will then be asked to attend an interview.
Kindly fill-up the form below and we will contact you with more details.
Please note that the due date for submissions will be on Sunday, 18th of September 2021 @ 2359hrs. Late submissions will NOT be entertained.