UPDATE [Monday, 13th September 2021]
Given the recent developments regarding the COVID-19 situation in Singapore and the prevailing SMM measures, we have obtained approval from the National Arts Council (NAC) to make the following changes to the residency programme:
1. We are reducing the number of Singers & Singer-Mentors from 24 to 16.
2. We are opening the recruitment of Singers to non-SEP individuals, with special interest to individuals who are currently studying in tertiary education and/or have interest in pursuing Music at a professional level. That said, priority will be given to SEPs in terms of placement.
3. This is a paid position- each singer will be paid SGD12 per hour of rehearsal/call time/performance.
4. We will extend our audition submission to Friday, 24th September 2021 @ 2359hrs.
Original Post [with amendments]
Vox Camerata, in collaboration with Muziksea, are looking for singers to form a professional choir as part of the Choir Collective Residency programme. This programme will run from late October 2021 to March 2022.
There are currently
24 16 singer positions open for the following voice parts:
|2 Soprano I||2 Alto I||2 Tenor I||2 Bass I|
|2 Soprano II||2 Alto II||2 Tenor II||2 Bass II|
We are looking for individuals who:
- are able to learn music on their own prior to attending rehearsals
- are able to commit to all the rehearsals (Refer to the rehearsal schedule here)
- will exhibit professional attitudes and behaviours throughout the programme
are registered Self Employed Persons (SEP)Places for Singers and Singer-Mentors open to all, but SEPs will have priority placement.
- have been fully vaccinated by the 2nd week of September 2021
We are also looking for Singer-Mentors. These individuals would have extensive choral music background and are willing to provide qualitative feedback on rehearsals and workshop materials for the fellows.
The Singer-Mentors are required to attend the some feedback sessions on Mondays, as well as first internal workshop where they will play the role of workshop participants. The Singer-Mentor’s schedule can be found here.
Before filling up the form, please ensure that you have the following with you:
- Proof of SEP status
- Proof of Vaccination Status
- Complete the recording of ONE of the compulsory audition piece(s) and upload on YouTube as an unlisted video. The audition piece can be found here (where crochet =60) or here (where crochet = 96, sing only the first 3 pages!).
- Please also include a short introduction about yourself, and also indicate the voice part you are singing in the video before you sing. You will also be asked to include your tessistura in the form.
The process is as follows:
- Please complete the form below and prepare the compulsory audition piece.
- Selected potential candidates will then be asked to attend an interview.
Please note that the due date for submissions will be on
Sunday, 18th of September 2021 Friday, 24th of September 2021 @ 2359hrs. Late submissions will NOT be entertained.
Click here to submit your application.
To learn more about faculty and guest speaker, click here.